SOLD Better Home & Garden
First time on the market in 65 years! This home has been very well cared for by the same owner for the past 65 years. Both inside and out you will find improvements and upgrades that make this home a joy to live in. The carpet throughout the lower level is brand new. The deck is maintenance free and has a retractable awning that provides shade. The private back yard has flower beds and perennials, there is also a garden shed. The attached garage is insulated. This home is move-in ready! To view this house for sale in Morris, MN call American Eagle Realty today at 320.589.4200 to set up your showing.
For more information click on the links below
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Morris is a city in Stevens County, Minnesota, United States and population was 5,286 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat.
Economically, the community is surrounded by some of the richest agricultural lands in the country and agribusiness is a major contributor to the local economy.
Morris was platted in 1869, and named for Charles A. Morris, a railroad official. A post office has been in operation at Morris since 1871. Morris was incorporated as a city in 1902.
On July 9, 1975, Morris was the site of the largest earthquake of the last century in the state, rated at 4.6 in magnitude. Eighteen years later, on June 4, 1993, another quake slightly shook the community. This one measured 4.1 in magnitude and ranks as the third-largest earthquake in Minnesota of the 1900s.
Morris Area School District: #2769 is located at 201 South Columbia Avenue, Morris, MN 56267
Stevens County, Minnesota
Stevens County is a county located in the U.S. state of Minnesota and was founded February 20, 1862. As of the 2010 census, the population was 9,726. Its county seat is Morris. The county was named for the Civil War Union general Isaac Ingalls Stevens; it was named for him in 1862, seven years after a legislative clerical error denied him that honor in 1855 for what became Stearns County.
The county has the University of Minnesota Morris at the town of Morris. It was developed in the early twentieth century from the Morris Industrial School for Indians, which opened in the town in 1887 and was originally operated by the Roman Catholic Sisters of Mercy under contract to the federal government.
The county has 575 square miles with 564 square miles of land and 12 square miles of water. There are 16 townships in Stevens County; Eldorado, Donnelly, Rendsville, Swan Lake, Everglade, Pepperton, Morris, Framnas, Baker, Scott, Darnen, Hodges, Stevens, Synnes, Horton and Moore.